Do you ever sew with Flannel? or maybe feel a little lost at what to make with it or how to handle it?
I have a great list of FREE PROJECT IDEAS and some FLANNEL SEWING TIPS for you today!
The Riley Blake Designs, Flannel Blog Tour has just finished up and and boy did they have some awesome project ideas!
Here is an updated list so you guys can check out all these FREE tutorials:
Riley Blake makes tons of cute flannel…just look at these yummy bundles!
You can see their entire flannel selection HERE.
Tips for using Flannel!!!
1. Use fresh needles and rotary blades. Flannel is a tougher fabric and keeping things extra sharp will make it easier to work with.
2. Pre-Wash! Flannel has a loose weave….which makes it so snuggly and soft, but this also means a lot more shrinkage than your regular quilting cottons. Pre-washing will tighten it up a little bit too which makes it easier to cut.
3. Use a spray starch. This will add a little stiffness to your fabric and make it easier to cut and piece.
4. Use bigger stitches when piecing and quilting. It will lay flatter and smoother.
5. Press seams open. Flannel is a much thicker fabric so the seams can get a bit bulky! Pressing open and not using a pattern with too intricate of a piecing design will help you keep the bulk down.
6. Clean your machine A LOT! Flannel makes a lot of lint so you are going to have to clean it more frequently to keep your machine from drowning in the dust:)
I am not a flannel master, but these few tips will get you well on your way. So check it out and give one of these projects a try!
Keep it Sassy♥